Al-Ayn Social Care Foundation is an independent humanitarian organization with a 501 (C)(3)(EIN:47-1614315) status and has been awarded consultative status by the UN as a humanitarian NGO. It is primarily aimed at providing for the needs of orphans in Iraq. Due to devastating consequences of terrorist attacks within the country beginning 2003, many children have been left orphaned. Al-Ayn Social Care Foundation (AU) which established in 2016, works in collaboration with Al-Ayn Social Care foundation (Iraq) which has been established since 2006.
As of April 2016, around 32,802 orphans have been sponsored with the addition of many more orphans that have been registered with foundation Al-Ayn was set up under the guidance of Ayatollah Al-Sayyid Ali Al-Hussaini Al-Sistani (ha) and continues to receive his blessings and authorization to receive religious dues to spend on the orphans.
1. To document all orphans and families of the victims of war and terrorism, as well as those dying of natural causes and provide them with sponsorship and care.
2. To provide financial, medical, educational, and social assistance to the orphans and their
families to redress their needs and to minimize the social and financial gap between them and the rest of society.
3. To provide vocational training to orphans who are unable to progress in their education such that they develop skills enabling them to practice an honourable trade and earn a decent living, becoming self-sufficient.
4. Supporting displaced families, and providing them with urgent relief and basic necessities.
5. To expand the reach of the organisation to reach all provinces of Iraq so as to reach the largest number of orphans and families of the victims of terrorism.
6. To advocate with the government, local and international humanitarian organisations, and philanthropists to take on the responsibility of caring for orphans and their families.
7. To organise psychological rehabilitation programmes for the orphans, and to provide a suitable environment for them to grow up.
Al-Ayn was set up under the guidance of Ayatollah Al-Sayyid Ali Al-Hussaini Al-Sistani (ha) and continues to receive his blessings and authorization to receive religious dues to spend on the orphans.
For more information about Al-Ayn, visit Grand Ayatollah Sistani’s official website at www.sistani.org.